Monday, April 14, 2008

Weather





Winter is just around the corner and here that means a lot of rain. So today Lucas and I stayed inside to avoid the rain and to catch up on the sleep we missed out on last night.



Yesterday we had some windy weather but no rain until later in the evening so Peter and I were able to take Lucas out for a walk. It was a little chilly and quite windy so Lucas was dressed for winter. Our walk took us along the water, past horses and some mangroves. It would have been nice to introduce Lucas to all these amazing things however miraculously he slept the ENTIRE time. Apparently the expensive buggy we bought is not as enjoyable as the much cheaper front carrier. Good news means I can finally get out of the house for a quick walk without a screamer.



On the rainy days we get to play inside. Lucas is getting better at playing and is actually able to spend more time looking at things. He is good at letting me know when he has had enough though. Enjoy





After reading all the books and following all the rules (Peter will tell you I like to follow rules) you get to a point where they have to be broken just so you can get some things done. We have discovered that Lucas will go for a nap during the day as long as he is laying on his tummy. So rules out the window if it works and I get some time without carrying him around I say we go for it. (It means I am actually typing this post with both hands - it is amazing how much faster it is than my one handed typing, although I am getting much better.) I am paranoid though and check on him every 2 minutes to make sure he is still ok. Lucas is like this crazy puzzle that is changing all the time, books/midwives tell us lots of things and give us some good advice but in the end we have to go with what works for us I guess.

I have heard from quite a few of you that you are enjoying reading the blog and watching the videos. Apparently Lucas has become a celebrity at Pat and Lori's house with his movies being played on the big screen. Thank you for all your comments. I am enjoying writing it and I love being able to share Lucas with those of you that are far away. Stay tuned there are more videos to come

No comments: