Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lucas and the Leafs



Lucas spends most of the day awake. He feeds a lot. When I spoke to a midwife the other day for an unrelated issue she seemed to think that Lucas was over tired. She gave me this system of how to settle him in his crib. Which basically involves letting him cry it out. Also using a soother to get him to go to sleep without feeding. Well I tried it for most of yesterday. It was torture! Lucas screamed the house down since he is so used to being carried around until he falls asleep being placed in his bed to go to sleep without an extra gulp of milk was not his cup of tea. I couldn't handle that so I decided to try a soother. I really didnt want to use a soother figuring we could do without it. Since he wouldnt stop crying and I was close to tears listening to him I decided to give it a try. I put the soother in his mouth and presto he stopped crying - until he realized that he wasnt going to get any milk out of it and as you can see from the picture he decided he didnt want anything to do with it. I have tried it a couple of times since to no avail. However I am now back to carrying him around until he falls asleep. Oh well I like having him close as well - hopefully my back holds out.

No comments: