Friday, October 10, 2008

A Sad Day

It is official, Lucas does not want to breast feed anymore. I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon so it is a little bit sad for me but it is also very freeing. Now Peter can feed him and I can have some time off. Today I slept in until 9. What an amazing feeling. I love getting up and being with Lucas but I have to say that sleep this morning was so good I felt like a new person. Thanks Peter!!!

Lucas and I went on a hike yesterday in the Waitaks with Emily and Sarah. Lots of fun. Lucas cried almost the entire drive there and then he cried most of the way in on the hike. As you can see by the picture he really isnt a happy guy. We stopped for lunch and he was fine and then he was good for almost the whole way out of the hike and he slept all the way home so I guess I can't complain for half of the day being a great success. We had originally planned to climb Rangitoto but the weather was not looking promising so decided on a shorter hike with a longer drive. Have to say we were glad for the weather forecast as I don't think we would have been able to do Rangitoto - too much with an extra weight on your back.

Friday morning Peter and Lucas did their hair together - Lucas sporting the 'show hawk' Kiwi As!

Then they brushed their teeth together - lots of bonding time with Dad. Notice Peter thinks it is very cold with his coat on in the house.

Lucas practising brushing his teeth with his new toothbrush from Aunt Elissa. You have to take good care of those teeth they caused a lot of pain coming in!

Another great thing to do just before bed - read the magazines!! "There are some interesting things in here Mom have you read this?"

No comments: