Sunday, October 12, 2008

I finally ran out of excuses





Lucas is no longer breast feeding. He is normally sleeping through the night. I am no longer pregnant. I have to get back into some sort of shape – and I don’t mean round.

Today was the day. I decided I would take a look at my bike and see how it had been for the last 19 months (maybe longer) and see if it needed any fine tuning to get it onto the road. I pumped up the tires and adjusted the seat and put a bit of grease on the chain. Not making any promises that it was going to see the light of day just thought I would pay it a visit. While silly me did all the prep work while Peter was at home so it meant I ‘had’ to go for a ride soon or I would not stop feeling guilty about it.

Lucas went to sleep and I dug my sports clothes out of the cupboard, luckily (I think) they weren’t mouldy because that would have been enough right there to stop me from taking the plunge. They still fit – curse!!! So I put them on and fill up an extra large water bottle knowing that I would probably guzzle the whole thing in my short little ride on my bike.

The ride begins and where I thought I was going to ride quickly became too difficult. Our street was like a mountain that my lungs would not let me climb so I changed the route and found a somewhat smaller hill and a little more flat area – although if you know Auckland at all there is not much flat anything. So I got a good route chosen and then decided to do it again because I was not gone long enough to go home yet.

Well it was definitely a hard ride and I feel good for having started a bit of exercise but after all of that I have to admit I was exhausted and my legs were sore as soon as I got off the bike – can’t imagine what I will feel like tomorrow. All that for a 15 minute bike ride. No where near ready for a spin class with Luke.
Some more time spent in the sand on the beach. He did much better this time he didn't eat the sand until he had been playing for at least 5 minutes.
Fun times at the park on the swings and slide.
Lucas cover up for the camera.

No comments: