Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nice to be outside

It has been nice the last few days, the sun has been shining enough to finally dry out the grass which makes Lucas happy because we could get our toes into the grass and feel how tickilly it is, I even got to hand the laundry out - the whole time Lucas sat and played with his toys, he is so good at sitting now he doesnt even need a pillow behind him anymore, although I am sure we will have a few head knocks but I figure he has to learn some how. It doesnt seem to bother him anymore when he falls on his nose - he is still too stuborn to roll himself over though he just lays there and waits sometimes very patiently until mom gets tired of the moaning and rolls him over.



Thought I would let him play with his spoon after dinner last night - funny he knows exactly what to do with it - after the picture he did try to stick it in his ear though so I guess we have a way to go before he can actually feed himself


There was something interesting on the table that he kept leaning over to play with, I think he could see the shadow of his hands in the table and wanted to get them, means we had pumpkin all over the bumbo as well as Lucas and his clothes last night - so many stains will have to figure out how to get them out of his clothes one of these days - we wear a bib but we dont seem to keep the mess just on the bib anymore, I guess it has something to do with the fact that he likes to eat his hands as well as his dinner now

"Really Mom I didn't do it, honest"


"I got it Dad, I told you I could help you trim the trees."

Sometimes he looks so much like his uncle Kyle it makes Peter laugh. Peter figures it is because he has cubby cheeks just like Kyle did when he was little.

Big weekend this weekend. Sunday is Father's day and Lucas has lots of plans for his Dad. Saturday Lucas is going to take Peter swimming. It will be Lucas' first time at the pool, I think Peter is more excited than Lucas. On Sunday if the weather is nice we are going to break in our new backpack carrier for Lucas and go for a hike. When we tried it on in the store Lucas thought it was great, we will see how he feels once he has to stay in it for longer than 5 minutes. We are looking forward to getting outside though so hopefully the weather cooperates for us.

No comments: