Monday, September 8, 2008

Lots of Fun



Happy Fathers Day Daddy!



Lucas is getting more and more able to do things on his own and likes to stay awake longer and is actually happy for the most part. I am working on trying to get him to play by himself. It is so hard not to be with him the entire time he is awake but as he stays awake longer and longer I find I have to start teaching him to do things on his own or he is going to be a big Mamma's boy, not that that is a bad thing but still. So he has worked his way up to about 10 mins on his own as long as he has some music on he is ok I think that is pretty good.





We bought a back pack and took him out for a walk, he really liked it. Loved being able to look at everything - of course that meant he did not fall asleep at all so we were resigned to walking him in the buggy again when we got home, oh well it was a good walk and Lucas seemed to like it. Hopefully we can make it out to the Waitaks now that we have the gear - lets see how he does in the car, that is the real question here.





Started having lunch this week, I was just going to use it as a time to try new foods so only one ice cube worth. Lucas has other plans, one ice cube is not enough for him he wants more so I am actually going to up it to more of a meal. 3 (food) meals a day - we are really turning into a real little person now. Scary thought.





Lucas was 6 months old on Monday and I was reading about all the things that a child 'should' be doing or will be doing soon. Scary stuff I am going to be chasing him around soon. I am not sure if I am looking forward to that or not, undecided.





His hair is growing and now is at that awkward stage where it sticks straight up in the air, looks even more cute now (hard for that to be possible I know but it is true - even cuter).





Still loves chewing on everything but no real signs of teething again, hopefully one day they will just show up - Surprise!





We have been using washable diapers for the last few months and they are fantastic. When I see how much garbage we create with Lucas it makes me feel just a little bit better to use the washables. Lucas still wears a disposable at night which is probably good he must pee ALL night for the amount of pee that is in his diaper when he wakes up it is ridiculous, I swear he is a couple pounds heavier before he gets changed.

Talking to Grandma on the phone

No comments: