Friday, May 30, 2008

"Moo I'm a Cow"

Who would have thought I would be calling Peter at work, not to talk but to Moo in his hear so that Lucas would Moo back! It was pretty exciting I have been copying what he has been saying for a few weeks now but Today I was reading his story about the farm and in the farm there are some cows and they say "Moo" of course. This time Lucas Moo'd back or at least made an OOO sound. So the rest of our play time was me trying to get him to repeat it again, and he did - lots of fun for us. So we spent the rest of play time looking around at all the cows he has in his room Mooing!





He still loves the toy that Opa bought him though. He enjoys being on his change table and sometimes if he just wont stop crying. I pop him on the change table and he talks to his friend "Big Bug" until he has calmed himself down. I wish I could take "Big Bug" everywhere we go!





We have had a couple of really good days, lots of sleeping and some good play times. Yesterday I started to move him from the carry cot into his crib - so not such a good day, today I didn't bother. But I really need to do something he is going to out grow the carry cot soon so I thought we might transition to the big crib slowly. We will see, cold turkey might just be the best way to do it, I haven't decided yet.


Lucas is trying to stay warm in our very cold house!!




Tonight is Sandra's birthday dinner and Peter has said he will stay home with Lucas and I can go! Pretty exciting - we will see if Lucas cooperates or not though, he should sleep the whole time but Lucas often has his own ideas of how he thinks things should go, oh well it is worth a try.





It's a long weekend here this weekend - Queen's Birthday! No huge plans but it will be nice to have Peter around to play with Lucas again, I think Peter misses seeing him all day. They will have to have some quailty boy time doing boy things - who knows what he will teach him next.


No comments: