Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Must Be Dreaming!







Yippee!!! Woowwho!!! Jump for joy!!! Right On!!!




Hard to believe it but the little Lucas Monster slept from 7:30 last night until 7:00 this morning!!!!!! People kept telling me the day would come but I was starting to believe they didn't know what they were talking about!!!




All that being said there is some explination why he did it but it doesn't stop the celebration. I'll let him explain it for you




"Yesterday I went for my 3 month shots. So I got dressed in my tough guy shirt (thanks Sean) so that I could be brave and not be too scared for the shots. Uncle Andy and Uncle Colin do you like my shirt?




Bug gave me a pep talk telling me that it wouldn't be too bad and that he would be here when I got back and I could tell him all about it.




Mom made me wear a sweater because it is a little chilly outside (thanks Matt and Lynda). Daddy says I looked like I was ready to go golfing.




That made me laugh






Off we went to the doctor, I cried all the way there - Mom just hasn't gotten the fact that I don't like being in my car seat, when we came back I was really hot and tired!! So off came the sweater but I am still a tough guy - only cried a little and then gave the nurse a cheeky little smile after she was finished.




The rest of the day I was very grumpy, didn't want to go to sleep only wanted to be held by Mom and was not in the mood to talk to anyone or play or do anything really. Mom gave me my medicine to make sure I didn't get a fever - it tastes really nice, I wish I could have more.




Just before bedtime Aunt Elissa came over to say goodnight, she gave me a little cuddle. I wasn't much into cuddling though I just wanted to eat.




Dad and I had a shower and then Dad gave me a massage - he does a really good job, he didn't even touch the spots the needle went into. Usually he does a lot of massaging there because he tells me my thighs are really important parts for hockey. He wants to make sure they don't get too tight so I can be my best when I start to skate.




Then it was off to bed - I did a little bit of talking while I laid in my bed, just to say goodnight to Mom and Dad and to let them know I wasn't going to get up until morning. Dad understood what I was saying and said that I was like a bear and would hibernate for the night. Mom didn't believe him and said that I was a Monster and would trick us (sometimes she calls me the Lucas Monster - it makes me smile).




Daddy was right, so this morning I gave him a big smile to say that we are on the same team - lets keep tricking Mom it would be fun.




More exciting things happened this morning. Just before I was going to go to bed for my morning nap the courier guy came with a present for me "MY NEW BUMBO!!!!" I was so excited I had one more smile and a quick picture in the bumbo before I went back to bed. I gave Mom a little smile and decided I didn't want to cry before going down for this nap I was too tired."




Thanks Lucas - you tell the story so well




What a great day - June 3rd and 4th will be etched in my memory forever!!! Poor little guy had to get his jabs, is it bad to wish he could get them more often - I am a terrible person but the sleeping is nice and if you have been reading my blog you will notice that I am obssessed with his sleeping. I am thankful that he hasn't gotten sick from them.




Today we are going to the movies. The first Wednesday of every month the theater does "mums and bubs" which is a time that Moms can go to the movies with their kids, there are places to change diapers and you don't have to be too worried if your child screams because there is more than just your tkid here - we will see how it goes. Today it's Indiana Jones, I can't wait should be a good time.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the movie today Shannon and Lucas. See you both tonight. Lucas are you bringing your chair to the movies?