Sunday, August 31, 2008

Changing Again


Things have been going pretty good the last couple of days, Lucas has decided it is ok to sleep ALL night. That being said he can't seem to sleep later than 5:30am but I can't really complain he is sleeping 11 or 12 hours a night which makes for a nice break for me. The last two days we have been having a hard time getting him to go to sleep in his bed during the day and have had to put him in the buggy and walk him, again. We seem to have figured out the problem, he used to get upset and cry when he was ready to go back to bed well he doesnt do that anymore, now he just sort of stares off and ignores everything else. If I dont get him to bed as soon as that happens he gets overtired and then screams his head off and I can't get him to go to sleep unless I take him walking. So I have got to start watching him a little closer.


He loves sitting up still and actually doesnt like to lie down anymore, tummy or back. Means he isnt developing the muscles in his upper body to help him to crawl, blah blah blah - I say he is happy that way so too bad if he ends up being a bum shuffler instead of a crawler than so be it. He definetly wants to go places though, he can't handle lots of toys around him right now because he cant choose what to play with and tries hard to lunge at things that are out of his reach.


The weather keeps getting better, a little cold this weekend but sun both days. The neighbours tree is starting to blossom which makes me feel happy to know that spring must be just around the corner, I know that doesn't make those reading my BLOG in Canada feel good but it is an exciting time down here - before you know it we will have the little guy on the beach!!


Next Sunday is Fathers Day here in New Zealand and I tried really hard to keep what I had planned a surprise but I just can't do it - I am not very good with surprises and secrets. So I told Peter the other day that on Saturday for Fathers Day Lucas and Peter are going to have a date at the pool. Lucas will be 6 months old on Sunday (hard to believe, I look at him sometimes and see a little boy more than a baby - scary) and Peter has been dying to get him into the pool since he has been born, so we are graduating from the bathtub to the pool - can't wait it is going to be an adventure that is for sure, hope he doesn't scream his head off.


Things are coming together for our trip home in December. We are planning a trip with Pat and Lori on the way. We hope to stop in L.A and then drive from there to Las Vegas and see the sites around there. Should be good and I am excited for lucas to take his first vacation. We are booking our flights home today (I think) and looks like from Auckland to L.A we will be on the flight with Elissa and Sean so that will be good, two more sets of hands for Lucas to be cuddled with and maybe Peter and I will be able to get some sleep, we will see.


Elissa seems to have most things sorted for the wedding and sounds like everything is coming together well. Sounds like it is going to be a beautiful day.


For all of you back home, I know it is nice to have a holiday this weekend but I am thinking about all you teachers going back to work - hope all goes well and your kids treat you well in the next couple of days.
"Where is Lucas?"
"Here I am"

No comments: