Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dinner Disaster

In the last few weeks dinner time has become even more of a hassle, if that is possible.
I am now on a dairy free diet to hopefully solve stomach problems that (not to worry I will not go into all the yucky details).

So I have two options
1. make a special meal just for myself, or
2. come up with something that everyone will eat that has no dairy.

If you know my family the latter option is down right impossible. So lucky me, lets make more than one meal at EVERY meal.

Like making dinner wasn't a pain just on its own before.

Today I have a bright idea that can solve this problem, I say lets make a big batch of soup (which I had been told was wonderful) and I can just heat up the soup and eat that. Boring yes but easy.

I slave over the stove making two full meals, during the witching hour no less, only to discover the soup just tastes wrong. Not good, I followed the recipe to the letter and still it does not taste good. Just in case you were wondering, I did not make a teeny tiny pot of soup, I went all out it is a huge pot of soup that I know have to figure out what to do with.

On top of that fantastic news Lucas just refused to eat his dinner tonight because

"My tummy is not grumbling yet so I must not be hungry"

Fine don't eat your dinner we can all go hungry!

No comments: