Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It Happened



Went to the park today and Ava cried most of the time, so I decided it was time to leave. Lucas had a temper tantrum. Full out laying on the ground kicking and screaming 'Not Yet Mommy, Not Yet!' Apparently it was not time to go yet. I was pretty proud of how I handled it, although there were some other things to keep me occupied, as Ava pooped right then so I walked a safe distance away from Lucas, wouldn't want anyone to know he was mine, and I changed Ava's bum. By the time I was done, Lucas was calmer and very sorry for making a complete fool out of himself. He asked very nicely if he could have one more swing before we went home, so of course I gave in. Phew that was a close one, thought I was going to have to drag him out of there kicking and screaming all the way.

So I thought we were done for the day but no, we get home at about 12:00 and I am getting his lunch ready, for some reason he feels throwing toys is a good idea. He knows "We only throw balls" so he gets a time out when he throws his train. He is not a big fan of being in timeout so he picks up his beaded necklace and throws it down the hall, this means a longer time out. Finally there are tears and lots of "sorry mommy, we only throw balls, sorry mommy we only throw balls, Mommy come and get me". Finally we are done, or so I think. It is now 12:30 and he has to test out the rules one more time. Picks up a little wooden camel and chucks it across the room. This time I dont even need to say it Lucas says "Time out, we only throw balls" and walks himself to timeout. Makes my job a little easier. He is now down for his nap, I hope that is all we have for today.

Poor little Ava's first word might be timeout if he keeps this up.

No comments: